The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My name is Rhonda and I am type 2 .6 months ago i was a 7.9 and went the other day and am down to a 6.2. :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good work, Rhonda! Welcome to DF & I hope you'll make yourself at home with us. Tell us how you're managing your diabetes . . . what do you eat - how often do you test - what meds are you on? We're nothing if not nosy! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i take janumet 50mg/1000mg, have for 3 years, I have lost 40 pounds since Febuary , I try not to eat any sugar if possible . My doctor told me if I had a craving for something eat it because if I dont i will want it so bad that I would finally break down and eat a bunch . I am still working hard to bring this down though .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, Rhonda. I know what you mean, I have some pounds to lose myself. But from what I have read here at the forum, if you concentrate on keeping your bg down by eating low carb, your weight will most likely come down by itself. And that is what I found is happening with me. It came off fast at first, then not as fast later on, but at least the scale is moving in the right direction. And I'm glad to see that your bg is moving in the right direction, too. Keep up the good work and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks it means a great deal to know people care I try to work hard the doctor lowered my medicine this week also I have tried to change my life style and I still make a lot of mistakes but after all these years I finally found a doctor who cares about me

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, Rondah, and welcome to the forum. I have heard of the full bars but I don't know where to get them. Are they in places like Walgreens, Wal-mart Supercenter, or CVS? Or do you have to order them online?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found them at wal mart ,and warning they don't taste to well

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the warning - if they sell them in singles I may just try one. If not, don't think I will take the chance. Hate to waste the money and not be able to stand them.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Welcome, Edward. Tell us more about yourself, your numbers at diagnosis, your diet, your weight, etc. so we'll know more about you. We need to know those things to understand any question you have. You may want to read some of the archives to learn more about ourselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts