The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, LaLa. It isn't good news that you're sick most of the time - what does you doc say about this? What are your blood sugar levels? Are you on meds for any other ailments? You're so very young to be having so much misery. Tell us about it & maybe someone here can help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys. Thank u so much for responding. I've had diabetes for 21 yrs now and have so far 1 complication which is neuropathy
It hurts really bad. I have it in my legs and feet. Most of the time I'm so depressed because of my illness and to make bad matters worse I smoke and I'm not managing my diabetes well at all...not to mention being on an insulin pump and trying to stay faithful to my pump is not working for me. I NEED HELP.

LaLa

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
LaLa, it is very important for you to get good control so that you can avoid more serious complications with your eyes and kidneys. I had some neuropathy several years ago, and then I tightened my control with my pump. I started having fewer highs and lows and then my neuropathy pain stopped. I also had some retinopathy in my eyes, and that stopped when my control improved. With a proper diet and adjustments on your pump you should be able to have more stable control, that is what you need. I recommend the book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh. I got my copy on amazon.com.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts