The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there my name is diane and i am new to this, thought i would just drop in to say hi :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
So good to see you again, Diane! How are things going so far? Are you feeling any better? Have you been able to get a meter yet?

Drop in every chance you get . . . we like hearing from you!

take care now,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thank you shanny well i am feeling abit more human then wat i did a few days ago, these last 2 days i have been ok wen i have got up, hopefully i should be getting one tomorrow if i get up ok in the morning, could you tell me why my legs are so cold it feels as thou my blood is freezing, and i also get like burning pains now and again all over my body this is a different times anot altogeather, thank you so much for your help last time

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Diane, do you have blood sugar that fluctuates a lot? Highs can cause burning if they are very high and lows can cause you to be cold when they are quite low. That is the way it has always been for me during my 64 years of diabetes. Getting more even control and avoiding so many highs and lows can help very much with the burning and the cold. Getting stable control takes a lot of work and experimenting with various foods and exercise. Good luck in the months ahead!

Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks richard i havent been diagnosed very long so i am still learning all this only about 2 weeks now that i have known i have it, and i do not see the clinic till april so i am sort of trying to fumble my way along with the help of leaflets, as the doctor hasnt said much except put me on mal tabs 1 aday i have to get a monitor to see my bloodcount, as doc said i didnt need one but i think i dothanks again, by the way i am type 2 , but i would think you will be hearing from me again a few times more yet lol

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Keep on asking questions Diane. We are pleased to help all we can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi everybody i hope you are all well, well as can be expected, hopr you all have a good weekend and also alovely mothers day, , i dont know weather you wear jewellery or not , but my daughter in law makes it and it is lovely if you google ty gwyn jewellery you will see it all and if you want any you can order on line i have bought some of it and i love it she also made me a taliman bracelet with info inside about my diabetes, and a lovely heart and chain , dont think i am pushing you but its worth having a look at take care babes xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts