The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got my labs from the Endo. Something doesn't seem right.
In May my Trig's were 244 and A1C was 6.8 At that point I started LCHF WOE. Carbs around 50 per day.

Three weeks later I had labs done for another issue and my Trig's were 159 (big drop) with A1C 6.3

Today, nine weeks later and still LCHF WOE with carbs around 20 per day. and ketostics showing small amounts of ketones, my trig's are 289 and A1c at 5.3. How can trig's be so high when they were on the way down just 9 weeks ago and no change in diet. I am totally perplexed !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Snowball, are you currently losing weight or body fat since you dropped the carbs lower? I've read that weight loss, the breakdown and burning of fat, releases fat into the blood and can temporarily raise both LDL and Trigs. I'll have to find the source for you. Hang in there.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
There's your answer, Snowball! You're doing everything right, including the weight loss. It's just that you lipids profile is a bit shaken up & once your weight stabilizes, your lipids will stabilize too. Good work!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
There's your answer, Snowball! You're doing everything right, including the weight loss. It's just that you lipids profile is a bit shaken up & once your weight stabilizes, your lipids will stabilize too. Good work!
Totally agree with Shanny!! Keep up the good work!

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Just a thought.

I hope all the 3 tests were in fasting mode, or else they should not be compared. Someone posted about their cholesterol levels after eating a few days back, hence the question.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Ditto what everyone said. Your body is still in all kinds of transitions. Definitely it is not time to worry yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts