Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

New labs results!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Richard157 
#1 ·

A1c: 6.2 down from 6.7
Chol: 141 up from 120
HDL: 51 up from 42
LDL: 67 up from 48
Triglycerides: 117 down from 150

And good news for my little ReliOn meter . . . it tested 114 in the lab and theirs came back 112.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good work! Congrats!

Good job! Do you take cholesterol lowering drugs? I need to increase my HDL about 14 points. What did you do to get these values?

#3 ·
These are my meds, and I'll try to remember & put them in my signature block . . .

Atenolol 50 mg (for hypertension)
Fluoxetine 20 mg (for depression)
HCTZ 25mg (kidney stone prevention)
Levothyroxine 150 mmg (thyroid supplement)
Lovastatin 20mg (for improving lipids)
Metformin 500 mg (t.i.d) (regulating blood glucose)
SMZ-TMP 400-80 mg (suppression therapy for UTIs)

aspirin 81 mg (heart health)
omega-3 fish oil 1000 iu (antioxidant)
alpha lipoic acid 200mg (antioxidant)

I also eat a low carb diet - usually around 50g per day.

#6 ·
The statin drugs are good for improving lipids. I take 40mg of Zocor and my cholesterol and triglycerides are both around 120. I do not know how you are able to keep your carbs around 50g per day. I don't think I could do that day in and day out!

#5 ·
Good job! Its always nice to see when your hard work pays off :)

Cheers
Pam

#7 ·
I make a lot of substitutions . . . like the Dreamfields pasta. I have a high-fiber low-carb tortilla that doesn't spike me either, so I can still enjoy the pasta dishes and the things like burritos/quesadillas/etc. that I've always loved.

And I keep no-carb foods handy - I don't buy carby treats - and I find myself perfectly happy eating like this. I keep a jar of peeled hard-cooked eggs in the fridge. I keep beef sticks & cheese sticks around all the time. I make cheese crisps & pepperoni crisps by baking the slices in the oven until they get crunchy - then package them in zip bags. I keep a bowl of raw almonds on the table all the time. AND!!! This week I discovered Breyers CarbSmart fudge bars! Whoa baby! Those are so good they oughta be illegal! :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.