The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I'm Beverley. Have had Type 2 for 2 years. Have got used to restricting my sugar intake and I eat more fruit and veg. I also jog 2 miles for 5 days a week. In addition to medication (tablets) I take garlic and fish oil capsules daily. It is very gratifying when people notice how trim and well I look now. My neighbour commented "there's more fat on a greasy chip!" and as the diabetic nurse commented once "sometimes diabetes does you a favour" because it shocks you into taking more care of yourself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello, Beverley and welcome to our group. I'm glad you decided to join us. I agree that sometimes our health concerns are doing us a favor. I have lost weight and eat much healthier since I have been diagnosed with diabetes. But I can't jog two miles, that's for sure. I'm glad to hear you are doing so good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ruby - good to hear from you. Just give jogging a try - do. You have to build up as I did until you can jog for a distance.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Beverley, welcome aboard! I agree with your nurse, diabetes has made me very self conscious about what I should and should not eat, how much I should eat, that I should exercise every day when possible, etc. That is why I am a healthy diabetic after 63 years of Type 1. Ask all the questions you want. We are here to help.

Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Beverley:

Welcome to our Community. It's Great to hear that you are continuing Life, even with Diabetes. Exercising is Wonderful in whatever area a Person may choose. Congrats on your "Looking Good". Enjoy the compliments. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts