The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Im new here. Not much to say other than Ive had diabetes for 7 years and my latest A1C was 5.9%. Im 21 and on the Animas.

I have BBM feel free to add so we can chat about diabetes support (NO creepy stuff) mypin:22654A14

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome, RobH. I am also relatively new to this forum. Good group here!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome. We are really glad you are here! Please visit often. This is a great place for support and encouragement as well as education. Look forward to getting to know you better.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Rob. Guessing you're a type 1, and the Animas is a pump? Nevermind me - I'm type 2, non-insulin-dependent and don't know sic 'em about some of these things. :rolleyes: But I'm sure glad you joined us - hope you'll be visiting often and telling us more about yourself.

Take care & be well!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hey guys!

Im new here. Not much to say other than Ive had diabetes for 7 years and my latest A1C was 5.9%. Im 21 and on the Animas.

I have BBM feel free to add so we can chat about diabetes support (NO creepy stuff) mypin:22654A14
Hello Rob and welcome to the forum! Stick around and share information!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Rob, that is a very good A1c, and a good pump too! There are several experienced type 1 diabetics here, so ask any questions you want. I have been type 1 for 65 years and I am doing very well. You are doing very well too. Keep up the good work!

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob, that is a very good A1c, and a good pump too! There are several experienced type 1 diabetics here, so ask any questions you want. I have been type 1 for 65 years and I am doing very well. You are doing very well too. Keep up the good work!

Richard
Wow you're all so welcoming! And I love the Animas pump, works wonders. I just want to know how living on your own with type 1 was for you guys. Ill be moving out soon and I don't know what to expect. Of course my parents will be giving me all the funds I need but there surely a lot more to it than that....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Wow you're all so welcoming! And I love the Animas pump, works wonders. I just want to know how living on your own with type 1 was for you guys. Ill be moving out soon and I don't know what to expect. Of course my parents will be giving me all the funds I need but there surely a lot more to it than that....
I'm curious as to what you mean "living on your own with Type 1". What do you handle in regards to your management now?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome Rob!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome John Dyer, please tell us more about yourself, and ask all the questions you want. We are here to help!

Richard

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi...
welcome....
Hello and welcome to the forum! Do you have diabetes? If so what type? How is your diabetes self management?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have joined just today and hope to learn a lot here...
Welcome. We are glad you are here! Tell us a little about yourself. I look forward to getting to know you and hope you come around often.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts