The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my cardiologist gave a half an hour seminar on me being a liability, did a blood work after 2 years and all hell broke loose. He was cursing my endocrinologist for not following up and termed me as non-compliant and a liability for my treatment doctors. He gave me 3 months to bring myself to the safety zone, as I relapsed on my medication and was high on fruit juice and junk foods. I am 47 yrs old. I felt funny and scared when he asked what kind of a relationship I have with my wife and if she knows my health conditions. I was told my blood is so bad, I might not come out of the coma if I went through one with the current condition.

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
Hello, GShibu, welcome to our site!

That was very kind of your cardiologist. :rolleyes: I mean, sure, sometimes doctors have to make it abundantly clear to patients which way they're headed. But I think your cardio could have been, well, maybe a little less fire-and-brimstone. Well, we're all our own kind of patient.

But, GShibu, you're here and we're glad of that. It sounds like you want to regain control over your diabetes. There are many resources on this site and the folks who post here are very supportive. Please look around and find what's helpful to you. If you don't find an answer to what you want to know, please ask in an appropriate subforum and we'll tap the brain trust here.

It will help us be more helpful to you if we know more about you. Type of diabetes? Medication you were/are taking? What are you eating and are you looking to change that? Many of us are managing our diabetes with exercise and a very-low-carb diet. Even if we're still taking Metformin or are on insulin, using less of it is a good way to minimize the side effects of the medication. Let us help you!

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Hi GShibu, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a rather awkward and rude meeting with the cardiologist.

Diabetes complications do include increased risks for heart diseases. Getting your BG back under control could help stave off the worsening of conditions and possibly turn things around. We are here to help any way that we can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts