The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am 29 years old male , i am residing in United arab emirates but i am an indian , i moved to Dubai 3 years back and after i moved in 2013 i had some diabetes like symptoms

Frequent urination
feeling hungry quickly after eating lunch
having tingling in the feet
the genitals seemed to be wet and numb
itching in the body sometimes
weakness

i have had a recent hb1ac test done in may 2016 , it records at 5.4

I am not yet diagnosed with Diabetes , when i go to the hospital and they get the bloog sugar test done it comes Normal , but i have carbohydrate sensitivity i do not eat white rice , any sugary stuff , fast food etc all these create problem to me which is headache , tingling in feet , and weakness and frequent urination

I do not understand what is the problem with me , i am not diabetic but also not free from symptoms and i need to watch my diet to remain okay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from last 3 to 4 days i am having frequent urination .Once when i went to a doctor he gave me a medicine for bladder relaxations and that medicine created reaction and my symptoms became worse . the issue is that i do not like frequent urination i need to stop my work and go to bathroom , sometimes i am on the site work as field engineer and there i can not run to bathroom every now and then also i have no diagnosis so doctor just give me general medicine like that of infection etc but they dont help either

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Your symptoms could be from a non-diabetic source.

What exactly is your definition of "frequent urination". People who drink plenty of water do urinate frequently. This is healthy. If you are deliberately not drinking much so that you can go for hours at a time without urinating, this in itself may be causing some problems for you.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Your A1c does not indicate you are diabetic, but that is no way conclusive! You need to work with a doctor to determine what is wrong. When someone has diabetic nerve damage, they do not feel the pain or numbness following eating. It is something that is with them always, although at night when they lay down it can get worse. But again, I am not a doctor and you must go to a trained professional to diagnose the problems...

Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
9,632 Posts
Hi qwe, welcome to the forum. Hope you are not diabetic, but to tell if you may be having blood sugar issues, you may want to get a meter to test your BG. Eating carbs may be making your BG go high soon after a meal and then return to normal levels, possibly going low when dropping after the high after a meal before returning to normal. A1c is an average over a ~3 month period of time, so it may not show what is happening currently. You should test before a meal and then 1 and 2 hours after the first bite.

You mention not eating white rice or sugary foods, but there are many more carby foods that can raise your BG, including brown rice.

You should still pursue this with your doctor, and I suggest if she/he wants to tests your BG, a fasting test may not show anything, so if possible try to go within an hour after eating a meal. If they want to perform an OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) that would tell you more than a random BG test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts