The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diabetic for 43 years and find it a challenge everyday. I use an Animas Ping and like the pump very well. The service is lacking to say the least. I am retired and often find myself avoiding the gym. I do like some and say tomorrow. I am sure there is a lot of information and ideas in this forum that I can learn greatly from.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have been diabetic for 43 years and find it a challenge everyday. I use an Animas Ping and like the pump very well. The service is lacking to say the least. I am retired and often find myself avoiding the gym. I do like some and say tomorrow. I am sure there is a lot of information and ideas in this forum that I can learn greatly from.
Hi and welcome to the forum! So glad you found us. I have been diabetic for 29 years, diagnosed when I was 16. I use the Minimed Revel pump. Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing more about you :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Jake, welcome aboard! I walk outdoors for an hour most days. I choose roads with hills. If I had to depend on gyms I would probably not go very often. It is so handy to jut step outdoors and start walking. I have a treadmill for bad weather days. I have been a diabetic for 64 years and I am doing very well. Exercise is a very important part of my diabetes management.

Richard

·
Registered
148 Posts
They taught us in my diabetes class about simple things to add extra exercise like taking stairs instead of elevators (well depending how many floors LOL) and the one I liked was no matter where you park at the grocery store, walk and put your shopping cart in the cart corral instead of leaving it beside your car. I have always been guilty of that one! :D It may not seem like it but I think it does add up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts