The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi Jean, welcome to our friendly forum.

CalorieKing is right on the internet. You can find out how many carbs in fruits and vegatables. They are hard to guess and know.

I eat whole wheat bread and rice. One sclice of bread with your filling and folded in half makes a good lunch for me. I also have an apple with lunch.

I check my BG 2 hours after I finish eating. If it is to high, I know that I have eaten a food that is not good for my diabetes. Then I eliminate that food. Also, I exercise if it is to high. It will bring it down. You need to exercise everyday.

Do not miss meals. That will drop your BG to low. When mine is below 90, I can go into seizures. I have epilepsy as well. Take a ReliOn glucose tablet if it gets to low. You can get them at WalMart.

Welcome

Ruth

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi 888pongsky,

You are in a great forum. You can also help me. What is the name of the capsule of bitter melon and yellow ginger?

Again welcome, I look forward to more of your information. We learn from each other.
Ruth

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi 888pongsky,

I am fine, it sounds like you are. Thank you for the tip of the AMPALAYA PLUS. You got it from Manila in the Philippines. Is it sold it the USA? If so, is it under another brand name?

I love brown rice. That is it's natural color, the same with wheat bread and grains. They bleach it to make it white.

Keeping your mom on your diet and exercise program will help her visual condition. Could she have cataracts that are affecting her vision?

Ruth

· Registered
343 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi Shanny, I am quoting from your article. If I am wrong correct me, please. I found out who the Intuit's of Nanvuk are: http://www.mce.k12tn.net/indians/reports3/inuit2.htm

They are also known as Eskimos in the Artic Circle. That is why they are on a different diet than we are.

The article is by Dewailly regarding the diet and cardiovascular disease in the Inuit of Nunvuk. I noticed at first that it was talking about a special diet, the tradiitional Inuit diet that; consists primarily of protein and fat, somewhat similar to the low-carbohydrate diets.

These diets have caused concern among nutritionists because of the health risks associatiated with limited carbohydrate consumption.

One recommened dietary carbohydrate intake for adults is 150 g/d. Ketosis can be prevented by a daily intake of about 50 g.

This satifies the glucose need of the CNS and during starvation. For this reason a safety margin of 50 g/d is arbitarily added to the value of 100 g/d and the practical minimal CHO intake set at 150 g/d.

Shanny, we are not arguing. We are discussing different diets.

Ruth

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi Matt, I was diagnosed about 12 years ago. I had no symptoms. I also have epilepsy. They wanted to rule out Diabetes. I have it. How long I had it, I have no idea. I have Type 2.

Tell us more about yourself. You will like it here.'

Ruth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.