The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Ron and my 8 yr old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a week ago.Joined the forum to learn more about diabetes.

G

·
Welcome Ron :) you've come to the right place to learn about diabetes. This forum has a tonne of experience and knowledge from people who actually have the condition. I'm sure you will find lots of handy tips and info to help your son manage his condition and live a long happy life. Keep us posted on how your son is doing.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Ron. We'll help all we can. It's quite a blow when that diagnosis comes . . . bless you & your young son. What is his name, btw?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thank you looking forward to it
Hello Burwell and welcome to the forum. Come on in a get comfortable. There is a lot of information to be read on here, read what interests you and if you can't find something, do a search in the white box on the form page. You might get more on juvenile diabetes on children with DIABETES Online Community. Thanks for joing us an take care.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your son but you are definitely blessed that he is living with this disease now and not in the past. With a vigilant treatment he can live a long happy life. We have on member, Richard, who I'm sure will stop by here after a while, that has lived with this disease for over 60 years. His story is an inspiration to all of us that are diabetics. Please visit often for advice and, more importantly imho, encouragement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Ron & welcome...even tho I'm even newer than you are. But having your child diagnosed with diabetes is a rough one! I'm sure you would rather it had of been you.

Hey I'm a Great Gramma & listen well. I'd bet their are lots of people that will be here for you, lend advice, whatever you & your son need.

Best Wishes to both of you!

GayleB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GayleB said:
Hello Ron & welcome...even tho I'm even newer than you are. But having your child diagnosed with diabetes is a rough one! I'm sure you would rather it had of been you.

Hey I'm a Great Gramma & listen well. I'd bet their are lots of people that will be here for you, lend advice, whatever you & your son need.

Best Wishes to both of you!

GayleB
Thank You, we are working hard to learn all we can about diabetes

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Ron and a warm welcome to you and your family. I am Type 1 and my 5 year old nephew is as well. Feel free to ask any questions!

Take care,

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Ron, welcome! I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. After 65 years of type 1, I am very healthy. With your guidance, your son can have a long, healthy life. Ask all the questions you want, this is a good group for answering your questions.

Richard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts