The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
HI ALL.AM 73 M , TYPE @ DIABETIC FOR OVER 25 YRS BUT STILL MANAGING WITH ORAL PILLS.MY DOSE HAS BEEN INCREASING OVER THE YEARS THOUGH. I AM PRESENTLY ON zOMELIS mET ( VILDAGLIPTIN 50 +METFORMIN 500/1000 AND 2MG GLYREE( gLIMEPRIDE). mY DIABETES IS REASONABLY UNDER CONTROL BUT POST MEALS TENDS TO SHOOT UP. LAST HBA1C VALUE WAS 6.7.I KEEP MONITORING QUITE REGULARLY. MY FEELING IS THAT IT IS PERSONAL LACK OF CONTROL OVER FOOD HABITS THAT CAUSES BS TO RISE. I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH AND I DO TEND TO EAT SWEETS. BUT YES, I DO WALK 2 TO 3 KM ALMOST DAILY. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE ADVICE / EXPERIENCE FROM WELL INFORMED MEMBERS. REGARDS
S K PUNJ

· Registered
7 Posts
sarv said:
HI ALL.AM 73 M , TYPE @ DIABETIC FOR OVER 25 YRS BUT STILL MANAGING WITH ORAL PILLS.MY DOSE HAS BEEN INCREASING OVER THE YEARS THOUGH. I AM PRESENTLY ON zOMELIS mET ( VILDAGLIPTIN 50 +METFORMIN 500/1000 AND 2MG GLYREE( gLIMEPRIDE). mY DIABETES IS REASONABLY UNDER CONTROL BUT POST MEALS TENDS TO SHOOT UP. LAST HBA1C VALUE WAS 6.7.I KEEP MONITORING QUITE REGULARLY. MY FEELING IS THAT IT IS PERSONAL LACK OF CONTROL OVER FOOD HABITS THAT CAUSES BS TO RISE. I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH AND I DO TEND TO EAT SWEETS. BUT YES, I DO WALK 2 TO 3 KM ALMOST DAILY. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE ADVICE / EXPERIENCE FROM WELL INFORMED MEMBERS. REGARDS
S K PUNJ
Hi all,
As reported above, I was on zomelismet met 50/500 bd plus glimepride .2 mg od plus ppt( voglibose) bd but my control was not good. I changed over to zomelismet met 50/1000 in the morning and 50/500 at dinner, omitting glyree( glimepride).voglibose was reduced to od from bd. I find significant improvement in the control of my blood sugar. I think I have not exceeded the max permissible dose of Zomelismet me t. Any comments?
Sarv

· Registered
7 Posts
sarv said:
Hi all,
As reported above, I was on zomelismet met 50/500 bd plus glimepride .2 mg od plus ppt( voglibose) bd but my control was not good. I changed over to zomelismet met 50/1000 in the morning and 50/500 at dinner, omitting glyree( glimepride).voglibose was reduced to od from bd. I find significant improvement in the control of my blood sugar. I think I have not exceeded the max permissible dose of Zomelismet me t. Any comments?
Sarv
Hi all. I was wondering how good synthetic sweeteners are for diabetics? Can anybody suggest? My information is that these do more harm than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.