The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just posting this hello as I'm new to the site, although sadly, I am not new to diabetes and have been trying to manage this condition for around 14 years.

Lately though, I have discovered and applied the principles of The South Beach Diet and found a dramatic improvement to my BG readings. Unlike other diets or food-related controls, this diet (not really a diet actually, more a new way of living) hasn't left me feeling hungry or lacking in energy and I don't have to count calories or spend time weighing foods or been reduced to eating only "special meals".

I am on a number of pills in addition to insulin (Lantus) and I hope that these become reduced in the months ahead along with my insulin dosage.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm glad you found something that works for you. There's a lot of awesome people on this board for learning and sharing. I hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello there, welcome to our community! You seem to be on the right track, keep on working at it and you may get yourself in good control with fewer meds and insulin. I assume you are eating low carb along with that diet and that you are exercising frequently. Good luck!

Richard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome, I would recomend keeping a good log of what you eat and your B.S. (before and 2hours after). That way you'll know exactly what foods you can tolerarate, as everyone is different. Once you know that you'll be able to be in better control. It's a pain, I know, but i'll probably be worth it for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi SilverBoy, welcome aboard! It sounds like you are really proactive about your Diabetes management - good for you!

I am always shocked at just HOW MUCH of a difference diet truly does make in the way you feel etc. Glad to hear that you found something that is working for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts