The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm very new to this site and to having Type 2 Diabetes. The disease runs in my family, and I have seen it at its worst. My grandfather was a double amputee, and my great grandmother died before I was born because she refused to let them take her legs. Needless to say, my recent diagnosis has me scared, yet determined to avoid the fates of my elders.

I don't really understand the lingo and numbers yet, but my doctor said that according to my A1C, my blood sugar has been running over 300 for the last few months, and probably longer than that.

I have been taking Metformin 500 mg twice daily and I thought it was going to rip my insides out. I felt like I had been eating nails. I did some research and discovered a lot of other people had the same experience and found relief in some otc anti-d and gas-x. That has helped but now I have blurry vision. It is driving me crazy as I sit at a computer every day and I can hardly see it. I know it's related to my bs, which even on Metformin is almost 200 every morning. I know it could be worse, and I still need to give it some time to work, right? I have changed to a low carb low sugar diet but I'm very confused about what I should and shouldn't eat. I'm afraid if I deprive myself too much I will go on a massive sugar binge. My short term goal is to try to do whatever I can to avoid the needle!

If anyone has any advice about the blurry vision, etc. I sure would love to hear it. I'm very new at this and would love to hear from some veterans out there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello! Glad to report the worst seems to be behind me with the stomach issues, I still have a few; but nothing like last week. Bs is still running about 200 in the am. I will be letting the doc know at my next appt. (about a week). This blurry vision is driving we wonky!

What do you all think about Dreamfield Pasta? Is it really ok or am I just fooling myself? And what about sugar free treats at the grocery store? sugar free ice cream is ok, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts