The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still low carbing and numbers are steadily going down. I don't feel hungry between meals, stamina is a lot better, and I haven't suffered what I call a 'carb attack' yet :D It's great!

I know one has to get used to new lower numbers, and that means to ride it out. I wasn't testing much for a while (that's why I fell off the wagon) but I know for a fact I was never under 8 (144) most of the time. My new lower numbers are now between 5 and 5.5 (90 and 99).

My question : Will that 'shaky' feeling ever go away or is between 5 and 5.5 (90 and 99) too low?

What should I consider too low?

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Yes it should if not being accustomed to being that low is the cause of the way you're feeling. You probably don't have to worry about going too low. It is very unlikely on this diet. The lowest I ever seen mine go is 73 but I wouldn't even begin to worry unless it was less than 55. Nothing greater than 55 is considered hypoglycemia clinically (even lower for females) - of course how you FEEL might be another matter.

Still low carbing and numbers are steadily going down. I don't feel hungry between meals, stamina is a lot better, and I haven't suffered what I call a 'carb attack' yet :D It's great!

I know one has to get used to new lower numbers, and that means to ride it out. I wasn't testing much for a while (that's why I fell off the wagon) but I know for a fact I was never under 8 (144) most of the time. My new lower numbers are now between 5 and 5.5 (90 and 99).

My question : Will that 'shaky' feeling ever go away or is between 5 and 5.5 (90 and 99) too low?

What should I consider too low?

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Many (if not most) of us have found that once our blood sugar started 'normalizing', that we felt shaky or sick or some combination of the both.

Our bodies just aren't used to the lower numbers, but you will acclimatize and once your body realizes it's the 'new norm' the shakiness will stop.

Just takes a few days, sometimes a little longer. Hang in there!

·
Registered
322 Posts
i felt the same way for a while. i went from the 140's average to 105 in a few days and my body was all shaky and feeling light headed. the "hypo" feeling. but after a few days this went away. now my average is between 90 and 110 almost all the time and i dont get that feeling unless i drop to the 70's which dont happen very often. but for now im happy with where i am at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts