The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum and it is very informative. Forums and YouTube are the areas one can learn much.

64 years old
A1c was around 8
Fasting BS 140

5'10" and 235 pounds (therein lies much of the problem).

I loof forward to participating in this forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Welcome Tim! Glad to have you aboard.

5'10" and 235 pounds (therein lies much of the problem).
Since you've been reading around, you've probably already been to Jenny Ruhl's site _Blood Sugar 101_, but if you've not, now's a good time.

I'll send you directly to the page that's relevant to your statement above, then you can meander all over the place:

You Did NOT Eat Your Way to Diabetes!

Reactions: Insulation Tim

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim . . . I thought maybe you were the old new guy, but it's good to see you're the new old guy. That prob'ly makes me the old old lady! :D We're about the same age & about the same size, only you're taller & I'm wider . . . ;) So I think you'll fit right in here. I hope you'll visit often!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Tim, I guess I am the young one, I just turned 61. I've had D for 4 years but have lowered my HbA1c from almost 11 to 5.3. I am now at my college weight in 1968, so life is good. The good thing is Diabetets is magageable. I eat low carb but eat a fantastic diet. I eat when I am hungry. I just eat very few carbs. I find ways to make all my favortie foods. I try to exercise everyday. I enjoy steaks, eggs, bacon, cheese, nuts and tons of homemade treats. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Moon, he may be half right...I know my loss of my 50 lbs has made it simpler to control my insulin resistance. I get what you are saying, but if he loses weight he most likely will find the same thing. I'm convinced that we gain weight as our insulin response lessens.

In any case, Welcome!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome home Tim

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts