The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here so please bear with me. I have just begun to take Onglyza and my sugar is up to 230 from 150, I usually do very well. My doctor tells me I am the poster boy for diabetes treatment.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I have spent the past couple of weeks fighting upper respiratory problems a sick stomach but I am much better in that department now.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Did you try any other medications before the Onglyza? If you are the posterboy for diabetes treatment, how have your bgs been before the Onglyza. A respiratory infection could cause higher bgs. How long have you been on the Onglyza. Not all meds work the same with everyone. I prefer Metformin, since it is one of the safest drugs out there.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Tell us more, Lucas, about how you've managed up until now . . . what meds you've used and the range of your BG levels. I only ask, because if you've been averaging around 150 (8.3), that's a little high for a poster boy . . . ;) What kind of diet do you eat?

Welcome to DF . . . thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
This is my first post here so please bear with me. I have just begun to take Onglyza and my sugar is up to 230 from 150, I usually do very well. My doctor tells me I am the poster boy for diabetes treatment.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I have spent the past couple of weeks fighting upper respiratory problems a sick stomach but I am much better in that department now.

Thanks for any help.
Hello Lucas0921 and welcome to the forum! I have never met anyone on here medicating with Onglyza. There is a wealth of information here, read what interests you. If you can't find something, do a search, it is really helpful. I hope you can find out what is going on with Onglyza. I hope you can visit often and take care! :welcome:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was on Onglyza breeze! but it did nothing for me! then I was introduced with apidra..I heard it wont agree with insulun dependent patients verywell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts