The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum but not so new to diabetes. I was diagnosed 6 yrs ago rite after my 40th b day . My eyesight got bad all of sudden and that clued my doc in to the fact that I had diabetes.

Anyhoo, just got a new doc and he put me on a bunch of new stuff including victoza (it is working great for me) as it turn out my insurance co wont pay for it. So as soon as I finish my sample pen I will be starting on lower dose of byetta.

I am a bit bummed since I have had no ill effects from the victoza and I am very worried about the nausea that seems to happen for many folks on byetta. I work with food and it will make my job hell if I end up sick from the byetta.

I am also getting great appetite control with the victoza and really really hope that it continues with the byetta.

we that is it for now, I am sure I will have more later.

Maria

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Maria! I'm not on any medication at all so I can't really help you with the Victoza to Byetta switch but there are members here who are using Byetta and can comment more once they come online.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sorry about the insurance and the Victoza. It is a bummer when something works and then you have to drop it. My insurance doesn't pay for any Rx's so I am stuck with the cheaper generic drugs. My husband does use one brand drug but we have been buying it in Canada because it is cheaper. Hope the Byetta works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts