The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per my Dr visit yesterday, I'm now...A1C 7.1; glucose reading 119. I will continue on same meds, but do not have to test but 1-2 weekly or if I feel necessary to do so.

I feel absolute thrilling with these results, my doctor is proud of me. Says I'll be even lower in Oct (next testing).

Now, if I can get rid of these sniffles, post nasal drip.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Per my Dr visit yesterday, I'm now...A1C 7.1; glucose reading 119. I will continue on same meds, but do not have to test but 1-2 weekly or if I feel necessary to do so.

I feel absolute thrilling with these results, my doctor is proud of me. Says I'll be even lower in Oct (next testing).

Now, if I can get rid of these sniffles, post nasal drip.
Keep on keepin' on, eh? :D Once we get on the right track, keep on following it!

My nose drives me crazy this time of year . . . same as you - constant sniffle & post nasal drip. Mine is allergic rhinitis & I shouldn't complain because I'm not bothered with congestion anymore, but I go through tissue by the boxful. Even have to switch to soft cotton hankies if the tissues start making my nose raw.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I would recomend you keep testing. I was also told to test 2 x per week but it is very easy to get off track. I always do a fasting and usually one or two after meal numbers just to keep myself honest. Great progress, keep it up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
it is great to see such a big improvment. keep on going it will only get better.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Congrats on your great progress - 14.8 to 7.1 is great!

I'm with jwags on the testing, mostly because I can't know what the heck my body is up to unless I test. While I was on my steep learning curve I was testing 6-8x/day, now I'm down to about 3x.

The NC Diabetes Educator called me yesterday here in CA. I met with her in early March I think it was, a single meeting, and was stunned to get a follow-up call. It's nice of the hospital educators to do that.

I talked about all the things we talk about here, re carbs, ADA, testing, etc and she said a local doc is always telling her they instruct to eat too many carbs! I was really surprised, and delighted, that there is one and she admitted it to me. Asked her to check out Jenny's site and she said she would.

Anyway, this is the educator who - although she told me to eat 185 carbs - did go along with my complaint that we're not told to test enough. She said they tend to dance to the beat of insurance companies since they'll only pay for once/day usually, and people can't afford to test more. I suggested people having the information was important, regardless of finances, so they can then prioritize on their own.

Anyway, sorry Mimi, a little tangent sparked by the testing issue.

You're doing great - and we're behind you continuing down your successful path!

Reactions: Shanny and jwags

·
Registered
44 Posts
My A1C tests have been varying from 8.5 to 11. I'm in deep trouble, at least in the long-term. I'm going to try the pump, hopefully I'll get better results with it. Good luck man and keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
EDIT: Oops.. I did not mean to say "man". Sorry about that.

How do I edit posts?
Heh - you didn't say anything offensive, just used slang that isn't common for someone with English as a second language. Your English is incredibly excellent by the way!

There's an 'edit post' button at the bottom of your post by the red 'reply' button. Click that, edit, then click 'save.'

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unfortunately I can only see three buttons: reply, multi quote, and quick reply. Perhaps that is because I'm still a Junior Member with only 10 posts.

And thank you for the compliment, mate. =D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Editing

EDIT: Oops.. I did not mean to say "man". Sorry about that.

How do I edit posts?
That's okay, thats not a bad word. I use that expression all the time and no one has got angry at me yet. Hehehe:p.

Gene

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
The edit button shows only once your message is posted. I end up using a lot! :)

Your command of English is really, really good! And, I also use "Man" a lot as an expletive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts