The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m Dave abs I have recently been diagnosed with T2D. Being the paranoid person the obsessive person that I am, I have looking CGMs lately so I can monitor glucose levels and track time in range. In my research I’ve found that even non diabetics wear CGMs proactively (Nutrisense, Sugar Beats). In my reading I stumbled on this forum so I thought I would check it out and see what other people do.

So hello everyone!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,777 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

I've been interested in trying a CGM for a while but haven't made much of an effort yet. I think it would be very interesting to know what goes on between sticks. I think it would show patterns that happen during the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and at night that would be beneficial to better management. I'd like to see what my BG does during a bike ride, steady pedaling vs harder efforts.

I think I will ask my doctor about getting a prescription for a couple of months when I see him next. In the mean time I guess I need to do some studying up on what might be most affordable, I don't think Medicare will cover it for my use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

I've been interested in trying a CGM for a while but haven't made much of an effort yet. I think it would be very interesting to know what goes on between sticks. I think it would show patterns that happen during the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and at night that would be beneficial to better management. I'd like to see what my BG does during a bike ride, steady pedaling vs harder efforts.

I think I will ask my doctor about getting a prescription for a couple of months when I see him next. In the mean time I guess I need to do some studying up on what might be most affordable, I don't think Medicare will cover it for my use.
Agree. With BGM you can miss highs and lows between readings. Seeing trends over time of in or out of range can help one stay in range more which, I’ve read can lower your A1C by as much as a point.

I’m not sure about Dexcom but I know that Senseonics Eversense is now covered by Medicare. But that is a longer commitment than getting Dex for a couple of months. To see how you like it. I’m not fond of the idea of reinserting every 10-14 days and having a perpetual open wound. Based on my research I think I’m going to go with the Eversense 180 once it is approved later this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts