The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Kathleen and I've been diabetic since I was 5 yrs old. I am engaged, have two children ages 17 and 21, use an insulin pump and manage my diabetes with the assistance of a medical alert dog named Bradley. He lets me know if my blood sugar is dropping or low, which comes in handy in light of my hypoglycemic unawareness. I have started a blog on wordpress about this. I am also a Registered Nurse and work as a case manager in Northern California for a large medical group (IPA.)

I'm looking forward to being a part of the Diabetes Online Community.

Hope to be chatting soon,
Kathleen

·
Banned
1 Posts
Wish all the diabetes people successul in diabetes

I am not in diabetes,but my friend has been in diabete for many years.His food is limited and cannot eat as well as us.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Kathleen welcome to our community! Bradley sounds like a wonderful dog, I am pleased to hear he works out so well for you. I hope your pump helps with your control. I have been type 1 for 64 years and I am very healthy.

I hope you will join the conversations here, your background and experiences would enable you to contribute good support and advice. Thanks for joining us!

Richard

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi,

My name is Kathleen and I've been diabetic since I was 5 yrs old. I am engaged, have two children ages 17 and 21, use an insulin pump and manage my diabetes with the assistance of a medical alert dog named Bradley. He lets me know if my blood sugar is dropping or low, which comes in handy in light of my hypoglycemic unawareness. I have started a blog on wordpress about this. I am also a Registered Nurse and work as a case manager in Northern California for a large medical group (IPA.)

I'm looking forward to being a part of the Diabetes Online Community.

Hope to be chatting soon,
Kathleen
Hello and welcome to the forum. We can always use another nurse around here. Your dog sounds like a lifesaver. Take care & hurry back!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kathleen,

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Welcome Kathleen!
Look forward to getting to know you. I have never met someone that used a dog, but I have read about them. Thats awesome that your dog helps you out that way! I am also a nurse working in the NICU. I have been diabetic since age 16 and am currently using a pump also. Look forward to getting to know you!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Kathleen & Bradley! Sounds like you two are good team & I'm glad to see a picture of you too!

Thank you for joining us and do visit often. Looking forward to getting better acquainted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts