The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. In November of 2009 I found out that I was a diabetic. The doctor put me on Metformin and soon after that I found out that my white blood count was going down. The doctor took me off of Metformin and now it is going back up. I have been controling by diabetise with diet only. Four weeks ago I had knee surgery and not doing very well controling it. This evening I ate something that I shouldn't have and it went up to 238 so I decided to get on the tread mill and take it really easy, after about 20 minutes of walking pretty slow, I check it again it went down to 122. After I found out that I was a diabetic I stop drinking all cokes and cut out all of the good old cookies and other good tasting things. What a bummer.

I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum

Gaylon Janes

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. In November of 2009 I found out that I was a diabetic.
It's not even October yet LOL but I will forgive you. :bounce:
Welcome to our forum Gaylon as there are lots of experience here that may help you. What I would be doing is to limit the amount of carbs that you consume and get some exercise happening. Get a book about what foods that has Carbohydrates in and start at a reasonable amount and knock off more as you go. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every time that I go to the grocery store I always look at the carbs that are on things and pick the one that has the less amount. If I buy cookies I make sure they are the one with no sugar added. My sugar level drops a lot when I exercise, I think that is the key.

It's not even October yet LOL but I will forgive you. :bounce:
Welcome to our forum Gaylon as there are lots of experience here that may help you. What I would be doing is to limit the amount of carbs that you consume and get some exercise happening. Get a book about what foods that has Carbohydrates in and start at a reasonable amount and knock off more as you go. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just now when back a read my post and it was in 2008 not 2009. Talk about getting ahead of myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts