The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the diabetes scene and am looking for.....well.....not even sure at this point...... I went to the Dr 2 weeks ago for the first time in 5 years. I am a healthy female, thin and 37 yo. I had been having muscle pain in my shoulders for several years along with occasional rounds of hair loss, fatigue, dry eyes and recently blurry vision. So I finally went to the Dr. he was thinking I had an auto immune issue but when we received the tests back, all was great.....except my blood sugar. It was 150 ( I had not fasted before the test). He seems a bit perplexed and ran several more tests. So I am awaiting the results. He prescribed 500mg of Metformin 1 a day till we get the other tests back. Any information or wisdom you would like to share would be so appreciated. I feel like I am learning a new language, culture etc. its just very overwhelming.:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I guess I am just a little in shock,lol. My blood sugar was 150 and from what i have been reading that's not crazy high...... but my symptoms had become so severe. My muscles felt as is they were constantly contracting, horrible fatigue, blurry vision etc can a blood sugar level of 150 make you feel that bad??? Thank you so much! Already learning an enormous amount from this site!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.