The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi and welcome to DF. Diabetes can be very frustrating. I have had it for 4 years and my control has been up and down. I lost all the weight I needed to and now am about 15 pounds below my goal weight. My bgs have gotten better but I still have to take the metformin to keep them near or below 100. I take the maximum amount of metformin. I also found there are certain foods I just have to avoid if I want to keep my bg in a good range. I had a little neuropathy when I was dx'd from several years of too high bgs. Most of it is gone, with the lower bgs. Some people also find taking the supplement Alpha Lipoic Acid, helps.

· Registered
4,368 Posts
When I was dx'd my Dietician told me 180 was ok, that is 10 in Canadian system. I went on my merry way eating all these carbs and thought if I was near 180 I was OK. Then I found online forums and realised what normal bgs were. When I found out normal people are near 83 and I was 100 over, WOW, wake up moment. I now strive to be much lower after meals 100-110 or so. It makes so much difference in my morning numbers. I still eat lots of good food, even bread but I don't use wheat flour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.