The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Shanny , I dont know where to put it . Could you move it for me please
Easy, just go here (will take you to the 'introduce yourself' forum) and click 'New Post' to create one. Oh, and welcome! :)

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Greetings

I was diagnosed with type ll diabetes several years ago. I was on metformin then insulin. I went on a diet lost 70 lbs and worked out. I eventually got off insulin and was controlled through diet. About 2 years ago the blood sugar level dramatically increased to a point where I am back on metformin. I am working on bringing my weight down to approximately 200 lbs. (I was at that weight and my height and body structure suited that weight). I also believe I have neuropathy in both hands and feet. I'm looking for information on what I should be doing to slow this, stop it or if possible revers it.
Hi and :welcome: from another Canuck :D

As shanny said, work to control the glucose levels. She mentioned 100 which is about 5.5 in our scale. If you can keep yourself between 4.5 and 6.5 you're doing great!

And, do NOT believe any doctor, dietician or nutritionist that tells you that 8, 9 or even 10 is FINE for a diabetic... (I've been told that lately). We can have (and deserve to have) healthy blood glucose levels!

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi beefy

I know what you mean. My new GP thinks below 10 is fine. I think 10 is a little high. I am aiming for 4 - 6 mmol/L. I know 4 is low but I I have never been that low.
Sounds like you know where you should be, that's awesome!

I've been thrilled to see my fasting BG's go from 14.8 (267) at diagnosis all the way down to 4.0 (72)today! Most of my 2hr post meal BG's are in the mid 6's, and I can quickly bring down anything above a 7.0 to 5-ish just with 20 minutes of exercise.

I wish I'd started this lifestyle 20 years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.