The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Nice to see a place where you can find information and suggestions about diabetes, its all very helpful. I found out I had diabetes in March 2010 but have been told by my doctor I probably have had it for 15 years or so (never really went to a Dr. unless I broke something) I have just started to explore this site and have found it very useful so far to see what others are dealing with. Thanks to everyone

·
Registered
930 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

For new type 2 diabetes I recommend the crash course in type 2 at Blood Sugar 101 Blood Sugar 101, but you didn't state your type, A1c, or Fasting Glucose Numbers. Can you be a bit more informative?

ColaJim

Hi everyone. Nice to see a place where you can find information and suggestions about diabetes, its all very helpful. I found out I had diabetes in March 2010 but have been told by my doctor I probably have had it for 15 years or so (never really went to a Dr. unless I broke something) I have just started to explore this site and have found it very useful so far to see what others are dealing with. Thanks to everyone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that

Type 2: Male Age 50

Original numbers were:
Fasting BG 17.1
A1C - 14.3%
Height 5'11" 190 lbs

Last week numbers were:
Fasting BG 6.4
A1C - 6.3%
Height still 5'11" but 175 lbs

Medications: Glumetza 2000mg, Januvia 100mg, Coversyl 2mg, Crestor 20mg, Men's 50+ multi vitamin, Vitamin D 1000 IU

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from this fellow Canuck!

I like that you're still 5'11", glad to know the diagnosis didn't make you shrink! :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
hey welcome to the group, i like to hear from all you southerners, even the ones in canada.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
You sound fairly slender for T2 -- not that that does not happen, but while you are reading blood sugar 101, take a look at LADA. You might want to get the antibody testing Jenny suggests -- it could be autoimmune and not insulin resistance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You sound fairly slender for T2 -- not that that does not happen, but while you are reading blood sugar 101, take a look at LADA. You might want to get the antibody testing Jenny suggests -- it could be autoimmune and not insulin resistance.
I agree with foxl we used to have bets when referrals walked into the diabetic clinic generally speaking Type 1 are slim and type 2 are carrying extra pounds although there are exceptions to the rule.:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi Adun and welcome to the site. Hope you will enjoy visiting with everyone here and exchanging information.

Gene...

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi Adun and welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will look into it thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts