The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Alfred and I have been a diabetic most of my 41 years and have been diagnosed as a type 1. My health is fair but my blood sugars have been difficult to control for a little while and I finally will get my insulin pump soon and regain better control of my health.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Pumps are a lot of work to make them sucessful. What are you prepared to do to be sucessful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been on one before and the first few weeks was an adjustment but to stay alive and well I will do what ever it takes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing is I'm going to a different pump and have not been on one in 6 years and they have become so advanced that I've made my mind up that I'm going to go into it as though I've never done it before

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The only thing is I'm going to a different pump and have not been on one in 6 years and they have become so advanced that I've made my mind up that I'm going to go into it as though I've never done it before
That's prob'ly a good idea, Alfred . . . welcome to our forum. And since I don't know sic 'em about insulin OR pumps, I'm going to back out now while I'm still ahead. :D Thank you for joining us & I hope you'll visit often.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Alfred, has your doctor written a letter of approval for a pump? I had to have a letter from an endocrinologist before I was allowed a pump in 2007. After pumping for 4 years I have the best control I have ever had. If you really work at it you can have great control too. Have you bought the book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh? Many pumpers have followed that book and had great success with it. Let us know when you get your pump.

Richard

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes he has and its on order now should be getting it soon then on too training. I can't wait cause the last time I was on one my health improved majorly and I felt better than I have in 41 years of life

1 - 9 of 9 Posts