19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, just found this site using my trusty ipad
hope to learn a lot and to contribute when i can
thnks

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Taipan . . . tell us more about yourself & how you manage your diabetes. And thank you for joining us! :wave:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, Taipan. We are a nosey bunch here, so we won't let you get by with just saying 'hi'. We would like to know more about you and your diabetes, what type you are, how you have been handling it, etc. Glad you found us, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey Taipan, Welcome to the forum... How have you been doing ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doing good today, fasting #s were 160 this morning (victory for me) down from the 240+ i've been getting the past few weeks.
been holding it at bay till recently (5+years) with exercise, diet, and meds (januvia)
then blamo! sugars rocketed up and up with post meals numbers at 500+ (imagine the pucker factor) A1c came back @ 9+! after years of hovering around 4-5...
doc said lil old mr pancreas is unhappy (i'm blaming the januvia) so was prescribed Lantus and am on my 3rd day.
so i found this site with my ipad and am starting on the long road...at least i'm past the 1/2 century mark...lol

so a lil background since i'm a noob here:
was diag about 6 years ago with preD, so got on the program with low carb diet, exercise (at least an hour a day of various but minimally treadmill and dog walking), and of course was prescribed the next class action drug (metformin caused to many grastric issues) then as i mentioned above, blamo! skyrocketing #s with no change on general plan

so just getting into this stick myself with a needle daily thing and found this site with my trusty ol ipad while i was looking for tracking apps
have a good support group around me (the D runs rampant in wifes family, sister and father [both on pumps] so it's not a thing taken lightly or blamed on anyone
professionally trained cook/chef, (sold my business and now work in mangament), and now becoming an amatuer dog trainer (border collies and flyball)

looking forward to sharing and meeting new people here (looks like a pretty good crowd...lol)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so a lil more on me...(u guys are gonna get tired of my chattiness...lol)
type 2 who was keeping it at bay but now with angry pancreas...
so as my wife says i'm going overboard with all my studies and devouring of eveything i can read about it
the only thing that gets my goat are those who say that it's my fault...i eat pretty good (have good height/weight/bmi ratios), work out reguarly but not a gym god by any means, and take my meds/vitamins daily
no it looks like i have to step my game up another notch but thats fine by me, wanna hang around at least a lil while longer (at least 'till the world ends in 2012) not having any noticeable heath issues nor any other issues but the doc and i are watching closely

so now on 3rd day with the pen (25 units to start and monitor) and just trying to stablize the sugars and such.
mentally it is what it is, just another bump in the road of life

thats about it this round so ciao for now

ps the glass is half full...always
and why do those lil needles lood so f****** huge?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts