The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,618 Posts
Hi, Freddie, and welcome! We're glad you found us. A1cs in the 5s for T1s certainly are doable; I would guess you've got your diabetes under tight control so that you can keep your blood glucose in a narrow range. I'm looking forward to seeing posts about your experience in getting your A1c lower!

·
Super Moderator
10,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum Freddie. Congrats on wanting to be proactive in managing your BG. Dr. Bernstein has had lots of success and is pretty active for an old dude. But, we aren't exactly spring chickens ourselves, are we? I'm 67 and Type 2.

Like itissteve said, looking forward to hearing about your progress.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome Freddie. Also a T2 and my last 6 month checkup my A1C went up from 5.5 to 6.0. But I expected that as I went through a job change and my eating habits weren’t good.

When I was diagnosed years ago my A1C was over 9 and my BG was in the 300’s. I decided to start using a food tracking app to see what I was eating and over the course of a couple years was able to get my eating habits under control which brought my sugar levels and A1C down. I also managed to lose almost 100 pounds with also helped tremendously

Please post often and ask any questions come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts