The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for other type 1 diabetics to talk with. diagnosed when i was 25 and still finding it difficult sometimes. its so hard since i remember how i used to feel when i was "normal". and now its as if i don't know my body any more. having a lot of trouble losing weight eventhough i eat right and exercise and chase after my 4 year old every day. any advice? i heard about similin but i am on an insulin pump. can i still use it?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, and welcome! I hope your pump is helping you to have good control. I have pumped for 4 years, and my control is much more stable. was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy.

This is a good place for getting support and advice. Ask all the questions you want.

Richard

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forums. We are glad you're here. Please post rants, questions or comments. They are always welcome. I hope you feel welcome and come back often.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi agalicat. Welcome to DF. I was diagnosed T1 when I was just about to turn 53. Finding support on the web was an absolute liferaft for me, and I hope we can provide that for you too.

As I recall, yes - you can use Symlin in a pump. I'm sure Amylin Pharmaceuticals can give you more information - you can do a Google search for their contact info.

Best,
Jen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Agalicat!

I am a type 2 but I wanted to say hi :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.