The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diagnosed T2 last year. Not sure where to go from here. Thought joining the experts might give me some ideas. Looking forward to finding my way around the forum.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Diagnosed T2 last year. Not sure where to go from here. Thought joining the experts might give me some ideas. Looking forward to finding my way around the forum.
Welcome Podge. I wouldn't call any of us experts, but we're all in the same boat as you & some have been in it a wee bit longer. :D So maybe learned a few things along the way that can help us new patients. I was diagnosed only last year too - my 1-year d-birthday is coming up next month.

We're happy to have you with us and I hope you'll visit here often and jump into the conversations with any and all comments & questions you may have. We're a pretty sociable bunch . . . and everybody seems to have an opinion on everything! heheh!

Thank you for joining us & take care,

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
How is your blood sugar control? Do you know what your last A1C is? Tell us about you and how you manage your diabetes. We are not experts but some have an awful lot of experience with the disease and you can learn a great deal by reading what helps the the most. Welcome to the forum and come and visit often! :):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks. On metformin to help control levels. Last A1C was 6.4 Only diagnosed last July. Made great progress in the first six months. Seem to have hit a brick wall. Diet and exercise not great at the moment. Finding it hard to motivate myself. Alternating between feeling angry, feeling sorry for myself, blaming myself to just not wanting to know or accept that this monkey is on my back for good.

Podge

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Sure sounds familiar, podge . . . and this is an area where hanging out with other diabetics can help a little. Sharing our victories & defeats makes it seem less lonely when we're trying to behave ourselves - exercise when we absolutely don't feel like it, and pass up the mashed potatoes at Sunday dinner.

So visit us often - there's somebody here about every hour of the day, so c'mon in & let us know how it's going. You aren't alone in this battle, and we're here to help.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thanks for the welcome folks. On metformin to help control levels. Last A1C was 6.4 Only diagnosed last July. Made great progress in the first six months. Seem to have hit a brick wall. Diet and exercise not great at the moment. Finding it hard to motivate myself. Alternating between feeling angry, feeling sorry for myself, blaming myself to just not wanting to know or accept that this monkey is on my back for good.

Podge
Your last A1C was really good. Get angry, hit a pillow, feel sorry for yourself..get it out of your system. I felt all of the emotions when diagnosed. I was in denial for quite some time. I was on easy street for several years, only taking a pill and testing 3 times a week, watched my diet and then bam! My vision was blurry and the headaches were terrible. I needed to go on insulin. It took a few months to realize that this was no disease to ignore and yes it is a monkey that will always be on our backs for good. Hang in there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts