The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
welcome Outlaw :) wow, you've lots of experience then. Are you injecting or pumping for management of your type 1? I'm sure you'll find this a great place to share and find support too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
onlymep said:
welcome Outlaw :) wow, you've lots of experience then. Are you injecting or pumping for management of your type 1? I'm sure you'll find this a great place to share and find support too.
I have used a pump for the last 5-6 years. I injected prior to that. I have found the pump to be a simplifying addition to my management of my disease. Just one more piece to a complex puzzle...

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I'm pleased to hear you have done so well for so log, Outlaw. I have been type 1 for 65 years and am also doing well.

I hope you will join us in the discussions and share your experience.

Richard

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hey, maybe we can all grow up to be Outlaws!

A hearty welcome to Outlaw and Diabetessurvival!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And welcome from me also.

Well done for coping so long :clap2:
Thanks for the feedback. I have always worked to not let diabetes control my life. For anyone interested I am on Twitter and Facebook as Outlaw Diabetic. You can google Outlaw Diabetic to find my thoughts. Keep up the fight. It's a daily battle.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi there. Wow - I'm such a neophyte in comparison! I joined the T1 club in 2007 - just shy of my 53rd birthday. You long timers are a real inspiration!

Jen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi there. Wow - I'm such a neophyte in comparison! I joined the T1 club in 2007 - just shy of my 53rd birthday. You long timers are a real inspiration!

Jen
Jen,

Welcome to the club. Glad to help where I can.

Beating diabetes is a daily battle. With focus, patience and discipline you win most days. Some days the disease just hits you when you least expect it. That is ok and should be expected. The key is having good people around you and taking a mature approach in prioritizing the decisions in life we all deal with diabetic,or not.

Best,

ODb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts