The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone! m jig. i ws diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in nov2008. doctors claim it was due to hormonal changes. my c peptie was 0.30 at that time & hbA1c was 10.2 my sugar levels have been out of range most of the time however,now these are under control. i recently had c peptide test again giving worse results-0.10! my hba1c is 9.5 now! i realy want m pancreas to reactivate.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There is nothing you can do to 'reactivate' your pancreas. Of course there are claims on the web that if you buy this or that supplement or this or that book from them, your pancreas will be reactivated, but unfortunately they are all bogus claims. There is no cure for Diabetes, but there are several type 1's here at the forum who can give you helpful tips to make it easier for you to live with Diabetes. Welcome.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A lot of people with Type 2 seem to be dx'd after pregnacy or menopause, so I do think Type 2 may be caused by hormones. But Type 1 is the result of an auto immune attack on your pancreas. Have you had the GAD Antibody test to test for antibodies. Besides a pancreas transplant I don't know of anyway to reactivate your dead beta cells.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you come back often. If you are serious about getting this under control, this is the place to hang out. No question at all. Like they said, there is no way to make your pancreas start cooperating again. There is no cure. You cannot diet cure your diabetes. What can you do? Eat less carbs and exercise more. This will bring down your blood sugar and, as a result, your HbA1C. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hi I'm Terry T1 since 2007. I live in the southern part of Wisconsin(USA).
Terry, it's good to have you. Why not start a thread on your own and tell us a little about yourself and how you manage your diabetes? Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Last year my A1C zoomed up to 11. Through work, diet changes and meds it is now down to 7.4. I take IV steroids so it is hard work to get it to go down but I have.
Good Luck. Stress doesn't help me.
This is a great place to come for support.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Most companies will give you your first meter free and sometimes there are 25 free strips in the box. But companies make their money off the strips. Those of us who have to buy our own shop online to find the best deal. I can usually get 100 strips for $40-$50. The Relion at Walmart is also fairly reasonable. 100 strips are $39.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Jig, welcome! i have been tyoe 1 for 65 years, and I am doing very well. There is nothing you can do to reactivate your pancreas, but if you work very hard and improve your control, you can have a long, healthy life. You should take all the necessary steps to get your A1c below 7.0. Diabetes complications are likely to eventually happen if your A1c is high like yours is now. With basal & bolus control, frequent testing and carb counting to determine your premeal insulin doses, you can gradually bring that A1c down to a healthy level.

Ask all the questions you want, we are here to help!

Richard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi. I'm not a T1, so I can't give you advice about it. You'll meet lots of nice people here, and make many new friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts