The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I was diagnosed with Type 2 in 2006 but as of May I am a Type 1 due to surgery to remove 85% of my pancreas. This has been a wake up call for me to start taking better care of my self. I'm glad I am here.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm glad you're here too, and I hope you'll be visiting often to tell us more about how you manage.

Take care & thank you for joining us.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Welcome, fullersdad. Dadgummit on the pancreas removal, but hope the surgery went well. You're right about wake-up calls - as difficult as they are, we instinctively are grateful for them.

I'm a T2 but there are plenty of T1s around. And, since you're also insulin resistant, you fit in everywhere :)

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Fullersdad :) sorry to hear you had to have surgery... but at least you have come to a place where you can share and learn new stuff. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support too. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
*waves* hello fullersdad...and welcome

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I'm so sorry about your pancreas, but hope it is healing fine. Sorry also about the diabetes, but we have some very good Type 1's here who will help you a lot I'd imagine.

Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts