The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....I am Matt from Manitoba, Canada and I am new. I am type 2 and have been for some time but now have to get serious about my health. Looking forward to getting to know some people in this group.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome Matt, tell a little about yourself, meds? How long have you had D?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Matt. Glad to know you're getting serious about this, and I can assure you that it isn't as bad as it sometimes seems. Once you've gotten strict with your control, the old habits fall away and we aren't so bedeviled with the cravings & temptations of our old lives.

Ask all the questions you want & visit often to let us know how you're doing. I hope you get as much good from this forum as I have over the years.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome Matt - it's never too soon to pay close attention to our diabetes, glad you're in a place to do that now.

Look forward to hearing more about your journey w/ diabetes thus far.

G

·
Hi Matt and welcome to DF. This is a great place to share information and receive lots of support and assistance. Some of the people here are very knowledgeable and will offer lots of good advice on how to stick to your plan to take it all seriously from now on. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Matt, tell a little about yourself, meds? How long have you had D?
I have been a D for over ten years...it is very strong in my family...and my numbers have been creeping up. I am now on Metformin 500gm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Matt and welcome to DF. This is a great place to share information and receive lots of support and assistance. Some of the people here are very knowledgeable and will offer lots of good advice on how to stick to your plan to take it all seriously from now on. :)
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome...I look forward to getting to know each of you and your history as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I have been a D for over ten years...it is very strong in my family...and my numbers have been creeping up. I am now on Metformin 500gm.
You went quite a while without meds - you obviously were doing something right if your numbers were stable all that time. 500 mg of metformin isn't very much - are you seeing results from it?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Congrats on managing this thing for 10 years without meds. How has your D management been over that time ?

How are your numbers now ?

Tony

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
hi matt i live the ottawa valley . i also have type 2 D .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts