The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.
I come to this forum to talk to others with diabetes, fancy that.
I am not around any diabetics so i never can talk to anyone about it.
wierd things happen to me on a frequent bases. So i wonder if it happens to anyone else. anyways hello.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, fatcat . . . what you describe seems to be the rule for us diabetic folk - inexplicable, unexplainable, weird things! It's good to be together with others who know the drill, and then we don't feel quite so weird after all.

Thank you for joining us and I hope you'll be with us a good long time.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi, and welcome. I am a longtime forum user, so when I tested my BG and came up with a 447, I actually started looking at online info BEFORE I even saw my MD.

It was hard to take some of the advice seriously, at first -- they are eating WHAAAAT? And, NOT eating Whhhhhat? They think we should test HOW OFTEN? And they think they are better off, giving themselves SHOTS? I would never've believe all this stuff 2 years ago.

What I have learned from other diabetics has almost certainly saved me years of my life, not to mention pounds of weight, and a ton of frustration trying to get results from standard protocol.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum

i hope that you visit us regularly. This is by far, THE best place for us diabetics to talk freely and openly about whats going on with us.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as i feel that there are no "dumb" questions

You can do this, you can.

-Eric

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi there FatCat. You are not alone in experiencing unexpected things as you travel the diabetes trail! Nothing works like the original equipment, and try as we might we can't really "think like a pancreas". But we can come close, and the alternative is just not that attractive.

Glad you're here. Ask any question that comes to mind...you might be surprised to find that someone else here has had a similar experience.

Best,
Jen

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
WELCOME!! Thanks for joining us. I hope we can be of some help. Come back often and ask all the questions you want.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Fatcat, this is a great place to be if you want to talk to other diabetics. Let us know if there are things that we can do to help you. We will need to know a little more about you diabetes though. I hope you will like our site, there is much you can learn here.

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts