The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im new to this forum and have had type 1 diabetes since age 18 i am now 36 and i live in australia and would love to keep updated with new treatments and others experiences i think the only people who understand me are other diabetics or those that have loved ones with diabetes i still get angry at people who say diabetes is a kind gentle disease this has not been my experience! anyway not that im complaining! hi to all and hope everyone is feeling positive and healthy today!:)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Pavalina, welcome! I agree that diabetes is not a gentile disease, but it can be controlled and a long , healthy life can be had with type 1. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and I am very healthy. Ask all the questions you want, we want to help.

Richard

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We are glad you are here. There is a ton of information on here and we hope you will provide some valuable insight yourself. I hope to see you around often!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Pavalina! We greatly enjoy having new friends coming in & I hope you'll be visiting often. You have much to teach some of us who are newer to the diabetes wars. (and whoever says it's a "kind gentle disease" needs to have their head examined! :D :D :D)

:welcome:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome!

I hope you take some time to read around the forum. There's some good, helpful folks on here. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts