The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My story :
I am asian 104 lbs, fit and healthy have thyorid problem.
Two months ago I start having pins and needles in my hand and feet start turning read and patchy. Went to Dr. she told me that i am full of strange symtoms. So she told me to go home sleep well no stress things will get better. So feeling its all in my head.. i start doing what Doctor told me to.

But then start feeling electric shock pain.. and pain got bad. SO i decided to study myself find out more about my symtoms..

I bought home testing kit for blood glucos test kit.

My reading show almost everyday for last week

early morning without drinking water: 104
After one hour of lunch : 192
After two hour of lunch: 170

Before dinner : 99
After two hour dinner: 150

I do eat white rice often.

anyone with feed back will be greatly appreciated. I have doctor appointment next week. This time will be different doctor.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, NDLW. Glad to meet you. I'd cut out the rice and test 1 hr and 2 hr and just see what difference that makes. No noodles or bread either. Just meat and vegetables.

Your fasting is like mine was before I cut out the carbs, but now it's down to somewhere between 80-100.

Good luck,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for your advise :)

Hi, NDLW. Glad to meet you. I'd cut out the rice and test 1 hr and 2 hr and just see what difference that makes. No noodles or bread either. Just meat and vegetables.

Your fasting is like mine was before I cut out the carbs, but now it's down to somewhere between 80-100.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If you don't know what your bg levels should be after fasting, and 1 and 2 hrs. after eating, if you go to Blood Sugar 101 and read the section what is normal blood sugar, you will learn where your numbers should be and what numbers to stay below.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ndlw, you sound like me. My feet turned purple and I developed similar neuro symptoms as you. Got tested by almost every doc under the sun for everything. No one found anything. Finally a doc at a walkin clinic found my fasting bg was high. I went low carb. My feet are now normally colored and the neuropathy pains and tingles are gone. So are many other health issues I won't bother to go into.

Some doctors just take an A1C reading, see it looks fine, and write diabetes off their list. A research paper printed in the ADA journal stated they found 60% of people with clearly diabetic bgs had normal A1Cs. Other papers state A1Cs vary genetically and state A1Cs are much less accurate for those of Asian heritage.

Congrats on being persistent and finding your bg issues. I hope yours resolve as well.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hello, NDLW! I would not consider you pre-D, but frank D.

I would try to avoid white rice as much as possible or at least strictly limit portion size. I used to eat a lot of both East and South Asian dishes, but have learned to do without rice or breads.

With your concurent thyroid issues, I would ask for GAD-65 antibody testing. You might have an autoimmune form of diabetes, called LADA. Genetically, it goes with thyroid disease! It is quite controllable and liveable, but you might want to get insulin, in case it might make your blood sugar more controllable and you would be less apt to burn out your pancreas by using a class of oral eds known as sulfonylureas ...

read more, here: LADA -- Slow Onset Type 1 Diabetes with Some Type 2 Features and yes, thyroid disease is common enough that you could well have type 2 with it ... but you want to know whether you do have LADA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts