The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hi! I have had type I diabetes for 12 years (since I was 13 years old). Its been a battle of denial and not taking care of myself up until about a year ago when it finally clicked in my head to get this under control. I am now on the pump versus the 4+ shots a day prior. I am in good control now with an A1C of 6.5 and hope to bring that number even farther down in the future. Hope to meet/learn even more here! :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, and welcome! It seems that you are doing well and know how to have good control. I hope you will hold on to that control for many years ahead. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy now. If we take good care of ourselves we can have long, healthy lives.

Richard

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome . . . happy to meet you! Way to go taking control, even if it took awhile. Teen years are a rotten time to get that diagnosis - too many distractions! ;)

Many of our members are type 1, and several of those are pumpers. I hope you'll make yourself at home here & we can all get better acquainted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts