The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is just a crazy ride! Was just told last week that the Dr believes I am a diabetic, not sure if I have type 1 or type 2, awaiting results of more testing :( The Dr put me on 500 mg of metformin once a day. Which almost immediately halted the blurry vision i was experiencing. That was last Thursday. Today I was going to walk and before I could finish my 2 miles my heart was racing a bit and I felt shaky? I am 37,female, active, 5ft 4 and 119lbs, Do you think I could be having a drop in BS????? Just trying to figure all of this out.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Ok, this is just a crazy ride! Was just told last week that the Dr believes I am a diabetic, not sure if I have type 1 or type 2, awaiting results of more testing :( The Dr put me on 500 mg of metformin once a day. Which almost immediately halted the blurry vision i was experiencing. That was last Thursday. Today I was going to walk and before I could finish my 2 miles my heart was racing a bit and I felt shaky? I am 37,female, active, 5ft 4 and 119lbs, Do you think I could be having a drop in BS????? Just trying to figure all of this out.
You need a meter. When you feel like this, then testing will tell you if you are low. That would be 70 or lower.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Yes, exercise can lower your blood sugar, and Breeze is right - you need to be able to test when things don't feel right, so get a meter as soon as you can. If your doctor doesn't offer you one, go to Walmart or another chain like Krogers or Walgreens . . . they all have cheap meters. I use the Walmart one which costs less than $10, and their strips are about half the price of other brands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I think i will run and get one now. :rolleyes:

Yes, exercise can lower your blood sugar, and Breeze is right - you need to be able to test when things don't feel right, so get a meter as soon as you can. If your doctor doesn't offer you one, go to Walmart or another chain like Krogers or Walgreens . . . they all have cheap meters. I use the Walmart one which costs less than $10, and their strips are about half the price of other brands.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If your BS has been running high for sometime your warning levels get higher so whilst you may feel hypo you might not actually be this is called a false hypo. Best to get a meter and find out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts