The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Type 1 Diabetic from past 1year & my age is 21 years, I'm taking Insulin named HUMAN MIXTARD daily twice a day. so is there any other option other than injecting my self daily. i want to get cured of this & want to so for some tablets.
day by day i;m loosing my weight. for my age & height i'm too weak in weight its 45kgs. so i want to put up my weight. & i;m going for GYM is that ll efffect me or what i'm totally tensed about my life please help me.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Vinod from HOT Louisiana. I wish I could help, but I know nothing about insulin, but there are many users on this list, so you'll get some help before long. You can't cure diabetes, but you can control it. It's a lifetime problem, so you need to learn to treat it.

Just wanted to say 'hi' until some of our more learned members drop by,

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Vinod, a type 1 diabetic cannot use pills to have good control. Insulin is absolutely necessary to have control of your blood sugar level. When you have adjusted to insulin, and your control improves, then your weight should increase. I think your gym exercises should be stopped until you have gained weight and are more healthy. In the meantime, some slow walking would be enough exercise. I have been type 1 for 65 years, and I am very healthy. With good control you can have a long, healthy life.

Ask all the questions you want, we are here to help!

Richard

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welocme

Hi I'm Type 1 Diabetic from past 1year & my age is 21 years, I'm taking Insulin named HUMAN MIXTARD daily twice a day. so is there any other option other than injecting my self daily. i want to get cured of this & want to so for some tablets.
day by day i;m loosing my weight. for my age & height i'm too weak in weight its 45kgs. so i want to put up my weight. & i;m going for GYM is that ll efffect me or what i'm totally tensed about my life please help me.
Hi Vinod and welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us. You are not alone and many good people here to help with ideas, thoughts, and suggestions.
Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing;).

Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts