The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Paul, I live in Indonesia. I'm not a diabetic but my girlfriend is. Her name is Liliana, she is diabetic type 1 since she was child. We will marry in December 2010, but I'm a little bit stress now......it seems my family dislike her because of the diabetes. But deep in my heart, I really love her and I hope she will be cured someday.
I'm glad I've found this forum and I hope I can learn a lot of things about diabetes type 1.

Thank's for accepting me to join this forum. Sorry if my english is not good.

God bless you all.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello all, my name is Paul, I live in Indonesia. I'm not a diabetic but my girlfriend is. Her name is Liliana, she is diabetic type 1 since she was child. We will marry in December 2010, but I'm a little bit stress now......it seems my family dislike her because of the diabetes. But deep in my heart, I really love her and I hope she will be cured someday.
I'm glad I've found this forum and I hope I can learn a lot of things about diabetes type 1.

Thank's for accepting me to join this forum. Sorry if my english is not good.

God bless you all.
Hello and welcome to the forum! I am sorry that your family doesn't like your friend. Perhaps if they understood the disease, they would accept her. There is a wealth of information here at the forum. And ask all of the questions that you want. Take time to visit often and take care.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I see no reason why anyone should be disliked because of their diabetes? Hopefully you will be able to learn about the condition and educate your family on what you learn. If there are any questions you have that we can answer don't hesitate to ask. THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE!! :)
I am glad you are going to spend time learning about your future wife's condition. It will be much easier for her if you understand what she is going through on a day to day basis.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Paul-faith. It's a shame if your family dislikes your friend for her diabetes. You'll need to be doubly supportive and protective, whether or not a cure is discovered. It's good that you're educating yourself about her disorder.

My best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all,
Thank you for the reply.
In my country, it is odd if someone marries a person with "disorder", they won't easily to accept it. Before I told about my girlfriend had diabetes, my family is so happy about my marriage plan, but they drastically change after I told that my girlfriend had diabetes type 1.

Please pray for our marriage, tomorrow is our engagement day, but my family said that they won't come to celebrate, and it really makes me sad. Sorry, I write my sadness here.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hello all,
Thank you for the reply.
In my country, it is odd if someone marries a person with "disorder", they won't easily to accept it. Before I told about my girlfriend had diabetes, my family is so happy about my marriage plan, but they drastically change after I told that my girlfriend had diabetes type 1.

Please pray for our marriage, tomorrow is our engagement day, but my family said that they won't come to celebrate, and it really makes me sad. Sorry, I write my sadness here.
I'm sorry for your sadness and struggle. But once again, that is why we are here. We are a sounding board for any of the problems each of us might have. Good luck with your family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry for your sadness and struggle. But once again, that is why we are here. We are a sounding board for any of the problems each of us might have. Good luck with your family.
Thanks Joshua Shorter, I'm glad that I'm not alone in this world who struggle against diabetes. I hope someday my girlfriend can be cured and she can live "normally" as the others.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks Joshua Shorter, I'm glad that I'm not alone in this world who struggle against diabetes. I hope someday my girlfriend can be cured and she can live "normally" as the others.
Welcome to the forum! I think its great you want to learn about your girlfriend's diabetes. Hopefully you can educate you family about it. The fact that they liked her before they knew she was diabetic shows they just dont understand it. There is no reason that as long as your girlfriend takes care of herself, that she can not live a long and healthy life. She can do anything that a person without diabetes can do. I wish you a long and happy life together :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum! I think its great you want to learn about your girlfriend's diabetes. Hopefully you can educate you family about it. The fact that they liked her before they knew she was diabetic shows they just dont understand it. There is no reason that as long as your girlfriend takes care of herself, that she can not live a long and healthy life. She can do anything that a person without diabetes can do. I wish you a long and happy life together :)
Thank you onaughmae....I'm glad I'm not alone in this world, and I'm glad I met supportive persons like you.

God bless you all.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Is the real concern about whether she can have healthy children, should your relationship lead to marriage?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome Paul!

as for your family. thats going to be their loss. live your life, be happy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts