The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Cindy. I am 61 years old and just got diagnosed with diabetes and it is assumed to be Type 2. My fasting glucose has always been normal but a glucose 2-hour test showed I was diabetic when it read 239 at 2 hours. I have been dutifully checking my levels and have gone over 140 only three times in almost 3 weeks so I would say my case is mild. I am following a low carb diet and so far as far as exercise goes, I joined the YMCA in town. I plan on going to "Senior line dancing" on Wednesday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

I look forward to keeping up with this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Cindy pleased to meet you.

I was diagnosed T2 5 weeks a go.

Biggest thing is to learn from other diabetics as they give out good advice, help and reasurance as the first couple of weeks i was in denial'

Same old theme comes up for controlling diabetes which i keep hearing is Diet, Exercise, low carbohydrate eating.

So going to the Y.M.C.A is brilliant.

Bought a Atkins Diet book today and a calorie/Carb counter book as the hardest thing i find is knowing what is high in carbs and controlling it.

As for Line dancing that is a bit too energetic for me at 45.

Davey.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Cindy: :)

Hey dancing is a Great exercise. Many enjoy it.
There's no such thing as mild Diabetes. It sounds like you are doing pretty Good. Way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts