The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Richard from montreal Canada .Diabetic type 2 since 1993 .On humalog before each meal & humalin n before bedtime. Plus Metformin(850 Mg ) twice daily and Glyburide (2 per day 5 mg ) High blood pressure , a Bit of cholesterol but controlled with Lipitor 10mg per day.Lots of problem with my controll up & down .I do my best but have difficulty doing exercise because I have Parkinson Disease since 2005 and somedays are hard nthe body .per day I take 26 pills + insulin .But at least now i'm retired since 2005 "(diagnosed with Parkinson ,13 days after i took my pension )I'm here to learn how to manage my diabetes plus talking with people who understand what sometimes you're going true . P"S . Please excuse my errors English is my second language I'm a French speaking Canadian .
Bye Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome Richard. :)

Do not worry, your English is Fine.

Wow, that a lot of pills. I'm sorry to hear that you were dxd. with Diabetes and also Parkinson's. Doesn't it just figure, eh? After you retire. I've had Type 1 for 46+ years and severe RA for 25 yrs. next month. So I kind of know how you feel and what you are going through.

I believe you when you say that you have difficulty with exercise but you know it is important to keep your muscles in working order. I'm sure that your Dr. and Physical Therapist have given you the guidance in that area also and that even 10 minutes(when possible) at a time can be very beneficial to you, including the facial exercises.

I was wondering if you were taught how to count carbohydrates. It makes calculating your Insulin easier. And do you test your sugars regularly? If you have any specific questions, please ask.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Terry,Thanks for your welcome.For your question about

calculating carbs ,yes I know .As per The exercise until march
i used to go at the pool 4 times a week .Courses of Aqua form
but in April got a leg and foot swollen from an infection (Cellulitis)Spend 3 days at hospital.Now the courses are finished for this year .But I have an above ground pool will be starting it in a month .I test about 4-5 times a day.By Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Richard:

Aqua exercises are about the Best. I did those for about 3 months and I found it helped a lot.

Sorry to hear about the Cellulitis. I've never had that but it sounds like
a Very tough condition. I hope that they got that cleared up for you.

Hey a pool and you test 4-5 times a day. Both Excellent. :)You should wear something to cover your legs(Ya, I know:rolleyes:)so you don't get them scratched and infected again. That's all it takes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts