The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glucose test came back at 5.7 doc says pre-diabetic... My dad, grandad, and 2 aunts have diabetis. Guess I'm wondering "what next" she says exercise and diet now and re check in 6 months...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I could introduce myself ;) I'm Chrystal, 37 years young.. Family history now knocking on my door! Going low carb tomorrow! I was on lc for 3 years but quit in around 07... Just somehow fell out of it- I was my thinnest and healthiest tho! Now tipping the scales over 200!! Thus is my wake up call to get back into it! Loom forward to the forum via my iPhone :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Ahhhh, family history. I can identify!

Welcome, Chrystal! You've found a great place.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My glucose test came back at 5.7 doc says pre-diabetic... My dad, grandad, and 2 aunts have diabetis. Guess I'm wondering "what next" she says exercise and diet now and re check in 6 months...
Hello and :welcome: to the forum! There is a lot of information on the forum about pre-diabetes, so read what interests you. If you can't find something just do a search on the forum page in the white box. I hope you will join us here often and take care.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And we look forward to getting better acquainted too, Chrystal . . . thank you for joining us. I think you'll like it here!

Take care & visit often!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome! Feel free to ask any and all questions!

Thanks,
Jeremy

G

·
welcome Chrystal :) l'm 37 years young too. lol. It sounds like you have a good start, and this is a great place to learn. 5.7 is not too bad a number (well it would be really good for me). I can identify with the family history bit too. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks every1. I'm optimisic and I think I can reverse this if I work hard, with a family history it will surely be more difficult than most. I started the day off at the gym and instilled my new Low carb lifestyle again.... I"m really kinda glad I found out so soon before my levels were much higher, now I can actually maybe catch it before it gets too bad...

I am also looking forward to the weight loss that I KNOW will come with my changes :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was dx'd 4 years ago with no family history at all. It happened out of the blue. I was a touch overweight (148) but nothing major. I was vegetarian and exercised a ton. But it didn't help. I now have switched to a low carb, organic meat and fat diet and my HbA1c has dropped almost 5 points. I am now low carb for life. Plus I am now at the same weight I was in college in the late 60's, early 70's. Low Carb and moderate exercise has allowed me to get to 118 pounds. I would like to get to 115 but I can take 118. Hopefully increasing my daily walks to 4-5 miles will help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts