The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Im new to forum, but have diabetes for nearly 19 years now. Im a Type 1 and was 10 when i got it.
Im from Ireland but my cousin whom is also a Type 1 referred me to this website saying its excellent for information.
But anyhow, hope to chat to you soon.
Noelle :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi noelle...*waves from Perth Australia* and welcome to the forum...your friend is right this an excellent place

·
Registered
930 Posts
NoelleD

NoelleD

Yes, this is a great forum, but especially for Type 2, for Type 1 it might be in your best interest to also google for other diabetic forums with more members that are Type 1.

Good Luck,

ColaJim

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Noelle . . . what a lovely name! Welcome to DF & thank you for joining us! We have a pretty fair representation of type 1s, including several of our mods, so don't let Jim scare you off! :D

Take care & visit as often as you can. :wave:

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Noelle! I love your name, by the way. Tell us more about you and your goals and a bit about your journey to this spot. You can read all about us and ours, so share more about your site. I think it is a good spot for both Types 1 & 2's so pull up a chair and join us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi all
Im new to forum, but have diabetes for nearly 19 years now. Im a Type 1 and was 10 when i got it.
Im from Ireland but my cousin whom is also a Type 1 referred me to this website saying its excellent for information.
But anyhow, hope to chat to you soon.
Noelle :)
Hi Noelle and welcome to the site:D. I think you will find a good information here and also a lot of support while making many friends at the same time.
We're looking forward to reading your posts.

Gene...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all I'm a 35 yr old male Active duty U.S. Military 17 rs in the Army newly diagnosed type 1. What a shock to me I just wanted to say hello.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello bionic and welcome

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello all I'm a 35 yr old male Active duty U.S. Military 17 rs in the Army newly diagnosed type 1. What a shock to me I just wanted to say hello.
Hello, bionic - sorry for such a shock, but we're finding more & more people diagnosed type 1 in their 30s/40s/50s . . . and it IS a major shock!

Tell us more about yourself & ask all the questions you have. We're here to help. Thank you for joining us.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me also, Noelle.

I've got relatives on the Emerald Isle, in Kildare. Lovely country!

Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome from the Philippines. You're sure to find a lot of good information here as well as support.
I spent my active duty years in the Army at Ft. Ord California.
Will you have to take a medical discharge or can you stay in the service?

Gene

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi All, thank you very much for all the warm welcomes and for all the lovely compliments on my name.

Hi Jim, not to worry, am just having a look and comparing how people in different parts of the world manage their diabetes and seeing whats new out there.

Beefy, glad to hear of your Irish background. Im actually living in Kildare myself. :)

I have Type 1 diabetes for nearly 19 years now. Am on 4 injections a day. novorapid 3 times daily and Levemir at night. It has its ups and downs and you would think after having it for so long i would have it to perfection, but sadly i dont. i do my best though.
Have started the carb counting which has improved the A1C levels from 10.4 to 8.5, and hopefully on my next doctors visit, it will be lower again. Fingers crossed.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts