The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm new to this place although I'm not new to diabetes.
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 16 in 1994. I had a son in 1999 who was diagnosed in 2003 at the age of 4.
We both pump with an Animas Ping with Novolog insulin. My mom was diagnosed in 1984 with Type 1 as well.
In 2008 I had my daughter who is for now very healthy. Hopefully the diabetes thing skips her.
In 2009 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. So dealing with that and two type 1's in the house can be very stressful for my husband of almost 6 years.
Hope that is enough info for an introduction! Any questions just ask!
Stephanie

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Stephie. Make yourself at home with us & I hope you find the support you need here, as I have. These folks are awesome!

Take care & visit as often as you can, with the busy household you're running. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Hey Stephanie - welcome to the forum.

Your son surely had a great role model and source of support and information from you. Most T1 kids don't have a parent who can relate like you can!

Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome so far!! :) hope you all are having a good day!! I'm tending to my lil one... She's got a cold with a slight fever. Poor baby. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Stephie, welcome! You are obviously a very busy lady. I hope you take time to take good care of yourself. I have read about moms with a diabetic child, and they spent so much time wit the child and sometimes ignored themselves.

I have been type 1 for 66 years, and am very healthy. You and your son can both have long, healthy lives if you have good control.

Richard

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome Stephie...this is an awesome group of clever and warm people...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada i am a type 2 for 6 years and i am on lantus insulin twice a day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Marty! Nice to meet you! Thanks for the Welcome :) I took Lantus and novolog before I started on my insulin pump. Now I just pump with novolog :) hope everyone is having a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts