The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi, You wanna tell us about your Experience? Type 1 or 2? Any Meds? when did you diagnose ? What was your BG or Hba1c when diagnose?

Meanwhile please check out this site Blood Sugar 101

Welcome to the Forums :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just feeling sleepy so tired I could barely talk I called my doctor and they told me to come in when they checked it my numbers were 368 on the machine I was horrified did not want anymore I have asthma high blood pressure a baby with all kind of complication now this I don't want to be rain on anyone sunshine I am tired so tired i see the diferent test that you guys take and would be happy for any advice on where I should start

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi, nosugar. You didn't say whether you are type 1 or 2. We can't really give you a lot of good advice until we know what type you are. As JT suggested, the bloodsugar101 website is a great place to start, with info. that all diabetics should know. I can understand why you are depressed, especially with a baby who has complications. High bg can cause fatigue, so when you get your bg down and in good control, you should feel much better.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Getting a diabetes diagnosis can be a shock - it's a lot to process. I think we often go through several stages of grief, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once you get your blood sugar into a more normal range, you're going to feel better physically and also emotionally. You will very possibly feel better than you have in a long time, I know I do. I went through what you are earlier this year.

Three things helped me the most when I was flailing around in the dark, and knew nothing about diabetes:

1. Blood Sugar 101 - an excellent site that's the best introductory (and beyond) roadmap of info on diabetes
2. reducing my carbohydrates (I cut out sugar, potatoes, cereals, rice, bread, most fruit, milk)
3. this forum for information and support from those who had been where I was

Once you get your blood sugar under control (cutting carbs is the fastest way to get there), you'll feel your energy returning, and that will help give you more stamina to deal with other issues in your life.

Welcome to the forum, very glad you found us.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. I understand what you are going through. On top of a Diabetes Diagnosis it sounds like you are a new mom, too. Although Diabetes is a serious chronic disease it can be managed sucessfully with diet changes, exercise and medication. With a 368, it sounds like you need medication and/or insulin to bring down the bgs. Don't be afraid of medication if you need it. It will improve your situation. The tiredness is usually from too high bgs, once they start to lower you should regain some of your energy back. A really good webstite that helped me is Blood Sugar 101 It really helped me to understand what was going on with my body.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I got diagnosed with diabetes recently. At first its denial stage, then anger and eventually acceptance will kick in. Its not a life threatening disease if you handle it well.
Johnny? While you're here at the Introductions board, how about you start a new thread & tell us more about your own self & how you're managing your diabetes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Johnny? While you're here at the Introductions board, how about you start a new thread & tell us more about your own self & how you're managing your diabetes.
Will definitely do. Its lunch time here. Let me get back.
The name is 'vijay' - my id at a few other forums is vij - maybe I can request id change. Is that allowed?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Please don't panic! (hugs)

I was going through my local grocery store searching out the lower carb options and when I went back to the car I just started crying because it was so overwhelming. It's OK to cry.

You shouldn't think that you have to give up everything. Use moderation. Eating a few cups of chips is better than gorging on the whole bag because you think you can never have chips again!

The best thing to do right now is to test your BG often so you see just how your eating affects your BG. You may be amazed at what foods actually work for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts