The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for few days now and learned a ton of info.

I just got diagnosed about two weeks ago with type 1. My A1C was at 14.8.

I hope to learn more and more from all of you.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Rico . . . we love it when our lurkers decide to jump right in! ;)Thank you for joining us.

Lots of good experience, wisdom and knowledge here, so ask any & all the questions you have.

Take care and visit us often!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Hello Rico and welcome to the forum! I am glad that you have been lurking and reading, there is so much that you can learn. Keep reading what interests you and if you can't find something, just do a search, type in your subject in the white box on the forum page. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care.

G

·
welcome Rico :) I'd imagine you're still trying to come to grips with your diagnosis. There's lots of support and info here as you've probably already noticed. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I've only been "lurking" around for a few hours now, and I agree there is a lot of information here and it comes from experienced diabetics. I like that!!! :) I plan on truly utilizing this forum. I think I've already learned that I am just someone who does not handle carbs in the morning well. I can eat the same number of carb for breakfast as I do for lunch, and I always get a mid-morning spike, but in the mid-afternoon I go hypoglycemic.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome Rico, type 1 diabetes is a manageable disease and you can have a long, healthy life if you do everything necessary to have good control. I have been type 1 65 years, and am doing very well. If you have any questions, please ask. There are several experienced tyoe 1 diabetics here.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts